Coed, Day & Boarding, College preparatory
1000 Shumway Avenue Faribault, MN 55021
Founded Year: 1858
Campus Size: 250 acres
Grades Offered: 6—12,PG
Accredited by: ISACS
Student #: Boarding #360, Day #112, Total#472
International Students: 25%
Average Class Size: 12
Student/Teacher Ratio: 1:7
Number of AP Courses: 15 AP
Teachers Holding Advanced Degrees: 65%
ESL: offer English Mastery Program.
100% college acceptance!
- 100% of our graduates are admitted to a 4-year college or university
- We have 4 graduates go to Harvard U, 3 graduates go to Yale U, 3 graduates go to Princeton U, 6 graduates go to Cornell U in the past 5 years.
- Students at all grade levels have access to college counselors
- College and university representatives visit campus frequently.
1. Strong academics with over 80 academic courses, 11AP courses, and 11 honor courses.
2. Excellent visual arts, performing arts, and music programs
3. Excellent athletics program with 27 varsity interscholastic teams in 14 sports
4. The school facilities are great!
5. International travel opportunity to Costa Rica, France, China, Scotland, Thailand and Spain, etc.
Chadbourne Barn, home of Trailblazing, outdoor skills center, the Robinson Ice Arena, the field house, yoga studio, Hupper Art Gallery, sports fields, tennis court, Chapel
English: American literature, world literature, humanities
Math: Algebra 1-2, Pre-Calculus, Calculus, Computer science, function and application, Geometry
Science: Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Anatomy and Physiology, Kinesiology, Agriculture and Climate Change
Social Science: Psychology, US history, Entrepreneurship, Humanities history, International relations, Philosophy, Western civilization, World history, World religion
ESL: English Foundations, Conceptual Physics, Western Civilization, Advanced English World Literature, Modern World History
Arts: Photography, Sculpture, Drawing, Painting, Pottery, Advanced Photography, Design, Digital Media, Printmaking, Studio art
Music: Music Appreciation, Applied Music, Advanced Topics in Music, Instrumental/Vocal Music, Intro to Studio Recording, Music Theory, History of Rock & Roll, Music appreciation, Chorus, Orchestra, Studio recording
World Languages: French, Latin, Spanish
15 AP COURSES:
English Language, English literature, Calculus AB, Calculus BC, Statistics, Microeconomics, Environmental Science, Biology, Chemistry, Psychology, US history, United States Government and Politics, Studio Art, French, Spanish
11 Honors Classes:
American literature, Poetry and drama, world literature, Algebra 2, Pre-Calculus, Geometry, Chemistry, Biology, International relations, World history, Portfolio
Cross country, field hockey, football, golf, mountain biking, soccer, ice hockey, skiing, , snowboarding, baseball, lacrosse, softball, tennis, track and field
Clubs and Organizations:
Community Service, Admissions volunteers, Entrepreneurial & Leadership Program, Outing Club, Chess Club, Math Team, yearbook, Etchings (literary magazine), Gay/Straight Alliance, rock band, Art Festival, Concerts on Campus, Snow Tubing, Cookouts, Student Mentors, Student Government, Math Team, Chinese club
Colleges attended by our student：
University of Pennsylvania
University of Michigan
University of Chicago
The United States Military Academy, West Point
% Students Boarding：60%;
Tuition and Board for international students: $48,800 （2016-2017）
Admission requirement: (one of the tests) SSAT, TOEFL, TOEFL Jr. or IELTS