Coed, Day & Boarding, College preparatory
7400 San Jose Blvd., Jacksonville, FL 32217
www.bolles.org Download school profile
Founded Year: 1933
Campus Size: 88 acres (4 Campus)
Boarding grades: 7-12
Accredited by: SACS, SAIS, FCIS, FKC, NAIS
Student #: Boarding #90, Total#1638
International Students:8% (From 23countries)
Average Class Size: 15
Student/Teacher Ratio: 1:11
Number of AP Courses: 24AP
Teachers Holding Advanced Degrees: 70%
SAT Average: 2000(TOP 50%)
100% 4-year college acceptance!
- 100% of our graduates are admitted to a 4-year college or university, over 50% students go to the TOP 50 universities of USA.
- Graduates of class 2016 were offered for over $3.7 million in merit-based scholarship for their 1st year of college, nearly $15million over their 4-year college careers.
- 64% of Bolles 2016 graduating students residing in Florida qualified for Florida Bright Futures Scholarships.
- We invite admissions officers from around the country to campus to discuss with parents of juniors some of the key factors and developments in college admission. (Recent guests have included Admissions Deans and Directors from Duke University, Florida State University, Macalester College, Swarthmore College, the University of Alabama, the University of California-Berkeley, the University of Florida, and Wake Forest University.)
- Small class - allowing for more individual instruction and student engagement
- Very good location in Florida, near Orlando, warm weather all year round
- Special programs: Astronomy, Roberts, Marine Science, Computer science, Media
- Great arts program, visual arts, music, dance, drama, etc.
- Swimming program are well-known, our students are Olympic golden, silver and bronze medal swimmers
Located in Jacksonville, Bolles operates four campuses. The biggest campus is high school campus (52 acres). The nearest airport is Jacksonville International Airport (15minutes drive)
Most modern technology used in teaching, library, computer room, laboratory, etc. Sports facilities including the stadium, gymnasium, indoor gym, tennis court, swimming pool, baseball, etc.
Bolles fine and performing arts facilities are second to none. On the Bolles Middle School Bartram Campus, the Betsy Lovett Center for the Arts includes Parker Auditorium and the Murchison-Lane Gallery. The Bolles Upper School San Jose Campus is enriched by the McGehee Auditorium, Lynch Theatre and the Cindy and Jay Stein Fine Arts Center, which includes Gooding Gallery and the Independent Life Music Building. Ponte Vedra Hall provides flexible space for school gatherings and events, and is an outstanding venue for student performances and shows.
Tennis, Swimming, Diving, Golf, Dance, Crew, Cross Country, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Soccer, Wrestling, Baseball, Lacrosse, Softball, Track & Field, Weightlifting, Cheerleading
We offering programs in chorus, dance, drama, instrumental music, and visual arts both in the classroom and in extra-curricular activity. Visiting artists, field trips locally and out of town, competitions and adjudications, and invitations to perform at prestigious events and venues broaden the scope of the arts experience at Bolles. Approximately 85% of the Bolles student body participates in over 100 performances and gallery shows within the Fine and Performing Arts Department each year.
Clubs and Organizations:
Fencing Club, Ice Hockey, Sailing, Asian clubs, Chess club, Community service, Computer club, Debate club, the Environmental Protection Association, Foreign Language Club, Honor committee, Christian movement fraternity, International club, Jewish students Club, Literary Magazine, Math club, Model United Nations, the school newspaper, hiking club, Photography, Student union, Art club, Chorus, Drama club, Jazz band, Dance
Tuition and Board for international students: $48,750